Because we realize a canoe rental doesn’t have the consequences missing a flight has, we handle transport upriver on a first come, first served basis. Yes, you did provide an arrival time when you booked, but 17+ years of experience tells us only about 30% of our customers arrive at our shop at the time they provided. Because of this, we move our customers upriver as they arrive and shuttles get filled. On Saturdays in July and August, if you want to reduce your possible wait time, we HIGHLY recommend avoiding arriving at our shop between 10:30 and noon – this will create your longest wait.
Transport is handled on the front end of your trip for all trips finishing in Boscobel, which allows most of our customers no wait to finish their trip, load up, and head home (Land-Load-Leave). Follow these easy steps, and we’ll efficiently get you on the river.
- there are 2 or more canoes in your group
- you’re paddling with a dog on the weekend
- Go directly to your put-in (boat landing, launch, starting point, etc.), directions are in your email confirmation or click here for access to website directions pdf.
- Drop off ALL people and gear – be sure not to miss anything.
- ONLY the driver will continue downriver to Boscobel (715 Wisconsin Ave, Boscobel, WI 53805, 608.375.5300) – this let’s us maximize the amount of trips moving up and down river
- We’ll get you checked in at the shop and get you up river as shuttles become available.
- We’ll drop your car at the boat landing in Boscobel on our way upriver so it will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
If your group consists of just 1 canoe or 1 canoe and it’s a weekday and you have a dog:
- Come directly to our shop at 715 Wisconsin Ave, Boscobel, WI 53805.
- We’ll get you checked in.
- We’ll move your gear to our vehicle and get you on the next available shuttle.
- We’ll drop your car at the boat landing in Boscobel on our way upriver, so it will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
To help reduce the time between dropping off your paddle partners and you and the canoe(s) getting back to the landing, here are some tips to get you on the water with the fewest delays:
- Arriving at our shop at 9 AM will get you on the first shuttle up river up river at 9:30 AM.
- Having ONLY the driver arrive, saving space in our vehicle, will get people up river faster.
- This can change from one Saturday to the next but be aware – arrival between 10:30 and noon will cause delays in getting you upriver because that’s the time that the bulk of our customers tend to arrive.
- Arrive at the shop ready to go…trips to the store, bait shop, etc. will delay you and possibly a vehicle ready to leave the shop.
- Double check your car…a lot of people forget their tents or other small gear.
- PLEASE, carpool. Again, it will help in getting you on the water faster…and saves fuel.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 608.375.5300. If it’s a weekend, be patient…the phone will be ringing off the hook.